Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Disney World: Staying Away From The Crowds

If you are going to the Disney Parks be sure and not miss Magic Kingdom. Magic Kingdom, the largest out of the four Disney Parks is usually the most crowded. After years of visiting the parks I have created my own system to avoid the mass amounts of people.

Getting To The Park:
Everyone at Disney is one vacation, and generally when people are on vacation they like to sleep in. Take advantage of this! I like to make sure my family and I are at the parks at least 30 minutes before the parks are even scheduled to open. I bring a map of that particular park so we can decide what attractions are a must do for that day. About a 15 minutes before park openings Disney does a welcome show, these are supper cute and I would recommend going to see them, especially if you have small children who are in love with the Disney characters.

Once Your Inside:
Don't let the crowds on main street scare you, people usually fan out once you they spread out across the park. I always am sure to do the larger rides first since they have to longest wait times. Save the smaller rides for mid day, since they most often have the smallest wait times. Rides like Small World can almost always have a shorter wait time than Splash Mountain.

Mid Moring:
I always find this to be the busiest time. Once 10:30 am comes along people start coming out of no where, and things get crowded fast! Early breakfast means early lunch, and since we have been at the parks for a couple hours now I like to take this time to stop and get something to eat.

Naptime:
Disney parks are full of families with children who are still at naptime age, which is awesome since those families go back to their hotel room and free up a little space in the park. Now be prepared there will also be families who are going to try and make the most out of there time at the parks and keep their exhausted three year old all day, so bring your patience (and maybe some ear plugs) there will be lots of kids having temper tantrums.

Afternoon:
By this time my family and I are done at the parks for that day and are ready to go to a water park or back to the hotels pool. Florida's heat can tire you out and a Disney vacation is no fun if your to tired to enjoy it. Don't over schedule yourself by trying to do everything in Disney, (its not possible). I promise if you enjoy a few activities you will have much more fun than trying to do them all.

Evening:
Disney does some amazing shows at the end of there day. No matter what the ages of your party are everyone enjoys a good parade or fireworks show. And I have to say, I'm not sure of anything more magical than fireworks in Magic Kingdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment