Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Walt Disney World Dolphin Review

This trip we were planning a shorter vacation so my family and I thought it would a good opportunity to try out a new hotel. Now we usually choose to stay at a moderate resort (mostly because of the price decrease.) however, since we got a great deal (more on that later) at The Walt Disney World Dolphin we choose to stay there. Even though we did not pay any more than we would have paid at a moderate resort my expectations were much greater.

I book my hotels from Hotel’s Combined I always do my research before booking my room and this site has always giving me the lowest quote. I would be willing to do a review on Hotels combined if anyone is interested. We stayed a total of four nights and my total was a little over $1000, which I didn’t think was too bad for a Disney hotel.

Upon check in I was very pleased with the hotels exterior. The property was clean and seemed to be well taken care of. One of the things I was worried about when booking this hotel was that it was not going to have the Disney vibe but after talking to some of the cast members I was quickly convinced otherwise. Check in when very smoothly and I was into my room in under a half hour.

Now take into consideration that we didn’t get to the resort until after 9pm so it could be a much different story during peak check in times. We checked out at 7am which also went very smoothly, but again it was before the checkout rush. Staff was all very friendly and willing to answer any questions that I had.

Upon arrival into the room was as a little disappointed in the décor, it seemed very outdated. The room we stayed in was very basic, two queen sized beds, a little table, and basic bathroom. Our mini fridge was also not working but after a day of traveling we were too tired to care. I have read reviews saying that the room have strange odor to them. I didn’t notice that so much in my own room, however, I would recommend that the cleaning crew go a little easier on the Windex. Everyday our room was supplied with new towels as well as shampoo and soap. The second night we called housekeeping to get some extra shampoo in conditioner. After an hour we still had not received it, so I called down again and it came right up. This was the only time we had to ask for extra so I cannot say if this usual for the hotel.

The dolphin is defiantly geared towards adults more so than the Disney Value Resort which you see mainly families with young children. If you are looking for a quiet hotel that is still on Disney property I would recommend the Dolphin, however if you have small children who are more interested in the parks I would say save your money and stay at a value resort. They are not as nice but the décor is very character themed and exciting for children.

Positives:
Fast check in

Quiet adult
Adult friendly
Clean
Negatives:
Slow Housekeeping
Outdated
Not overly Disney


Quick Links:
Hotels Combined

More Reviews for Disney Hotels
Discounted Disney Hotel Rooms
Disney’s Official Website
Get a quote on a Universal Orlando Vacation Package

No comments:

Post a Comment